Recognize and reward outstanding current or new ABQLA student members.
- Increase ABQLA’s efforts in inviting and promoting student membership and participation in the association
- Provide library and information studies students with an opportunity to advance or facilitate their studies or to begin developing their career
- Heighten the profile of ABQLA among the library and information studies community
- Provide student members with a positive experience with ABQLA, thereby strengthening membership retention and participation.
Up to two scholarships will be awarded. The scholarship will include $1000 plus complimentary registration at the annual ABQLA Conference in Montreal, Quebec.
- The award will be open to all current or new ABQLA student members, completing a Masters or DEC in a dedicated library/information studies program (the award is not open to PhD students in a library program)
- Applicants who are not already ABQLA members must enclose a proof of student status and completed membership application form with their award application
- Applicants must have completed at least one semester of their program of study by the application deadline.
- Applicants can only receive the award once.
V. Application Process
In order to be considered eligible, candidates are invited to prepare an application package demonstrating their suitability for the award. The application package should include:
- A proposal form, including, as attachments:
- a curriculum vitae
- a current transcript (unofficial transcripts, e.g., a printout of student records, are acceptable)
- A recommendation form (to be completed and submitted by an instructor/professor, employer, professional mentor, or volunteer coordinator)
All forms and documents must be completed and submitted by the application deadline listed below. You should receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a confirmation or if you experience any problems with the form.
VI. Responsibilities of the Student Scholarship Recipients
- Write an article for the ABQLA Bulletin
- Agree to have photo and biographical information on the ABQLA website
- Accept the award at the ABQLA Annual Conference with a brief thank you speech.
We also encourage successful applicants to share and publicize the news of their win through appropriate communication channels.
VII. Selection Criteria
The committee will select the Student Scholarship recipient based on the following factors, in descending order of importance:
- Responses to open-ended questions on the proposal form
- Recommendation form from an instructor, employer, volunteer coordinator, or professional mentor
- Overall strength of curriculum vitae
- Overall academic performance.
For more information about how these factors are evaluated, see our detailed list of selection criteria.
VIII. Deadline for Submission
The application deadline is Friday, February 3, 2017 (11:59 p.m.)
IX. Selection Notification
Scholarship applicants will be notified via e-mail by Friday, March 3, 2017.
For questions contact email@example.com.