28 Aug Editor-in-Chief
Partnership is accepting applications for the Editor-in-Chief position.
This is a volunteer position for a 3-year term. Partnership is the journal of Canada’s national network of provincial and territorial library associations. The journal promotes the exchange of ideas about libraries, librarianship, and information science among practitioners across all library sectors. This is a Canadian, open access journal publishing double-blind peer-reviewed research and editorially-reviewed articles and opinion pieces. Partnership is an entirely volunteer-run enterprise. It is hosted at ScholarsPortal.
The duties of the Editor-in-Chief include:
- Leading the editorial team in the production of 2 issues annually.
- Providing strategic direction in collaboration with the editorial team.
- Liaising with Partnership, Canada’s national network of provincial and territorial library associations.
- Promoting the journal to authors and readers across library sectors.
- Recruiting new members for the editorial team as required.
- Setting the agenda and chairing the annual editorial team meeting at the Ontario Library Association Super Conference in Toronto (late January/ early February).
The workload of this position will vary according to the publication schedule but will require approximately 12 hours per month.
This position is an excellent opportunity to expand your professional experience and establish your record in editing, and web publishing within a collaborative environment. The Editor-in-Chief maintains contact with library workers across the country developing a wide network of colleagues in the process. The incumbent meets with the Partnership network members semi-annually in Toronto with partial expenses (including registration at the annual Ontario Library Association Super Conference) generously covered by the Ontario Library Association.
We are looking for a well-organized, innovative and energetic individual who is dedicated to expanding the reach, relevance, and rigor of Partnership. Applicants must be a member in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial library associations.
- Applicants will demonstrate the ability to work in a highly collaborative virtual environment with a team of volunteers.
- Strong written communication skills is imperative.
- Record of networking within the Canadian library community through library association or other library-related work is essential.
- Experience with the peer review process as an author and/or peer reviewer and/or editor is essential.
- Knowledge of current trends in library & information science and journal publishing is essential.
- Experience with Open Journal Systems is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in writing in French an asset.
Interested applicants should submit applications to Partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2019.
Each application should include:
A statement of interest indicating your interest in the position and relevant experience. Start date is February 2020. Questions about the Editor-in-Chief position or about the application procedure should be directed to email@example.com