08 Mar Librarian Maternity Leave Replacement
A school librarian’s main mission is to instill a love of reading, to ensure equitable access to information, and the promotion of information literacy (this is to ensure students become skilled at research, critical thinkers, and know how to use information ethically). The librarians should have a strong motivation, aptitude, and interest to establish student and staff success as the centre of their professional practice.
Location: The Azrieli Schools Herzliah, High School, Sylvain Adams Campus, Learning Commons (Library)
Status: Full time, Maternity leave replacement, 2019-2020 school year (one year)
● Acquisition, maintenance, shelving, distribution, and circulation of library materials.
● Promotion of library materials, services, and library programming (displays, posters, etc.)
● Programming for the library during lunch time and after school (e.g. BreakOut box, Battle of the Books, author visit, etc.)
● Promote information literacy by collaborating with teachers to design and implement workshops to complement student learning (citation styles, research methods, etc.)
● Collaborations with the Sylvain Adams Campus community (Jewish Public Library, Bronfman Jewish Education Centre) to provide meaningful learning experiences that are complements to student learning.
● Provide reference and research services to staff and students.
● Provide monthly statistics and analysis, and as required. Maintain, monitor, and prepare reports on the library budget.
● Maintain the library’s website.
● Provide a safe and welcoming environment for staff and students.
● Supervision of Library Assistant
● Other related library tasks
● MLIS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited master’s program
● 1-2 years library experience
● Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills (French and English).
● Strong customer service skills, especially in regards to youth
● Strong knowledge of popular non-fiction, fiction and audio-visual titles for teens
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively
● Demonstrated knowledge and the ability to apply the following cataloguing principles, practices, and tools including: AACR2R, MARC, RDA, LCSH.
● CPR and First Aid certified
● Experience in a high school library
● Knowledge of Hebrew, written and spoken
● Familiarity with the Mandarin Library Information Systems (M5)
Please send your application with two professional references by April 18th, 2019 to the attention of Cassandra Ricafort at email@example.com