12 Jun Library Technician (on call)
Côte Saint-Luc Public Library
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist patrons with location of library material
- Perform basic bibliographic searching
- Respond to reference questions while at the reference desk
- Answer basic directional questions related to library programs and services
- Assist users with technology questions regarding e-books and audiobooks
- Aid in the creation of bibliographies, handouts and displays
- Perform various technical tasks related to the updating of subject headings of bibliographic data
- Observe the conduct of employees under his supervision and point out any derogation, and if necessary refer to his superior
- Provide assistance to librarians in maintenance of collections of books, periodicals, newspapers, audiovisual and other materials including shelf reading
- Help maintain the physical appearance of the library
- Provide basic troubleshooting and assistance with library equipment including microform
- reader/printers, photocopiers, laptops
The candidate reports to the Reference & Reader Services Coordinator
- First or second year student in the MLIS program.
- Work evenings and weekends (minimum 7 hrs/wk)
- Basic knowledge of information services technology including the ability to use them
- Internet and standard electronic reference resources.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, applications software and interfaces.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work in a fast paced-environment
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- Excellent oral communications in both English and French
- Interest in Reader’s Advisory services and/or Technology/Social Media
This is a part-time position ranging between 7 to 21hrs/week
Interested applicants should email their resume to the contact below by September 16, 2019
Manager of Digital learning and Resource Discovery
Eleanor London Côte Saint-Luc Public Library
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those under consideration.